Friday 12 October 2012

Fig, mint & almond salad - MOROCCO

I've been saving up a few posts to use for days such as today, where I am stuck in bed with the flu, my only movement being to flip the pages of my book and to boil the kettle for tea. Actually I've haven't even done that, I've got two fabulous flatmates who have been refilling my tea cup faster than I can drink it and would probably read my book to me too if I asked. Bless them.
Anyway today's post is not a dish particular to Morocco but more just a combination of flavours that are quite common. It would be more traditional to use couscous but I'm trying to balance out all the naughty food I've been eating so I used quinoa instead. 

FIG, MINT & ALMOND SALAD - MOROCCO


Ingredients:

2 figs
a handful of fresh mint
1/3 cup almonds
1 cup quinoa
handful of rocket
1 tbs balsamic vinegar
1 tbs agave syrup
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp lemon juice
salt & pepper

Instructions:

Cook then quinoa in 2 cups of water for 10-15 minutes, drain and set aside to cool.
In a jar mix the balsamic vinegar, agave syrup, olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Shake and pour over the quinoa. Roast and roughly chop the almonds, dice the figs, chop the mint and add them all to the quinoa, mix together and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment